Friday, June 25, 2010

Thanks for Your Love!


Last Saturday, my daughter Natalie married Matt. I performed the ceremony. I heard there were lots of bets on whether I could make it through without breaking down and crying uncontrollably. I made it! This is Natalie and Matt on their way to their get-a-way car.

One thing I always say in a wedding to the bride and groom is “God will use your tangible, touchable, physically present love for each other to give each other a more experienced awareness of what it means to be loved by God through Christ.” I got that line from The Marriage Builder written by Larry Crabb. I said this to Natalie and Matt. I really believe this and have experienced this in my own marriage.

I also experienced God’s love through our church before and during the wedding. A whole team of people transformed our Christian Life Center into a purple wonderland. (Natalie’s favorite color). A whole team of people worked alongside our caterer to cook and serve food. There were many other things. The most appealing aspect of it all was how people did all of this with such joy and a sense of being privileged to do it. Also, just seeing people who I know have busy lives at the wedding and reception gave me a great sense of thankfulness.

Thanks, Northwest Bible Church family and friends, for giving the Tombas a deeper experienced awareness of what it means to be loved by God in Christ through your tangible, touchable, physically present love for us the last few months during my daughter’s wedding.

Sincerely,
Neil

No comments: