Thursday, November 19, 2009

Do I know His voice?

John 10:4-5 (NIV)
…and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.”


A defining characteristic of the people of God—they hear His voice. It is striking how many times God calls His people to hear. From Old to New Testament they are commanded to hear His voice specifically through the Word coming from the prophets and the Holy Scriptures. Take some time to read His word for the specific purpose of hearing His voice. Here is the prayer I wrote in my notebook today and prayed for myself, family, elders, staff and friends.

Let’s Pray Together
Lord, I want to know Your voice. I want to put myself in a position to hear from You. I want to know Your voice when it comes to the truth about You, others, and me. I want to not even respond or react to the lies of the world, the flesh and the devil. Speak to me through Your Word.

No comments: