Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Daily Challenge of Trust

This is an email I received from Salli, a member of Northwest Bible. I have talked to several people who have said they sense Jesus calling them to trust Him more so I asked her if I could share it with you.

Enclosed is a devotional from Jesus Calling that particularly touched me this morning and is one in which the Lord has been continually showing me as it goes against my nature of wanting to control, direct, figure things out, plan and be in charge. I continue to get the same message of "Be still and know"; "Rest in me" and "Trust me". As I am learning to surrender myself to Jesus, may I be able to trust Him for everything...today and tomorrow...knowing he has a perfect plan and he will show me the way. I pray that He would help all of us trust Him more and know Him more as we wait to see what He is going to do. Have a great week, Salli "

Follow me one step at a time. That is all I require of you. In fact that is the only way to move through this space/time world. You see huge mountains looming, and you start wondering how you’re going to scale those heights. Meanwhile because you are not looking where you are going, you stumble on an easy path where I am leading you now. As I help you get back on your feet, you tell me how worried you are about the cliffs up ahead. But you don’t know what will happen today, much less tomorrow. One path may take an abrupt turn, leading you away from those mountains. There may be an easier way up the mountains than is visible from this distance. If I do lead you up the cliffs, I will equip you thoroughly for that strenuous climb. I will even give my angels charge over you to preserve you in all ways. Keep your mind on the present journey, enjoying My Presence. Walk by faith, not by sight, trusting Me to open the way before you.

P.S.
Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence is a daily devotional written by Susan Young.

No comments: