Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Faith says, "I will..."

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

Here are some thoughts based on Hebrews 11:1-16 from some time with the LORD yesterday.

Because my faith is in the Creator God who made holy through Jesus and an heir of his kingdom, because I want to please him, because of the joy of this thought, “God is not ashamed to be called their God”,
I will do what he says no matter what anyone else is doing or how they respond to me,
I will seek to know him and love him with my whole heart, soul, mind, and strength,
I will live in holy fear listening to his warnings in calling myself, my family and others to repentance,
I will go where ever, whenever, to whomever when he says go,
I will go as far as and no further than the light he gives me,
I will live fully in this God-ordained moment never forgetting this verse is not my home,
I will meditate long and hard on the faithfulness of God,
I will believe God for great things while releasing times of fulfillment and results to him,
I will live with a constant greatest longing for a heavenly place where I will see Jesus in all his glory.

Prayer:
Spirit of Jesus, I believe you can empower me to live this life of faith.


BE ENCOURAGED TODAY—Every act of faith regardless of the outcome leads to this:
God is not ashamed to be called your God Heb 10:16

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neil,
What a beautiful medley for the Lord's ears of "I will." Far too often it is I don't want to. Yet,
He is not ashamed to be called my God which is amazing to ponder on. He loves me more than anyone despite my blatant sin and my desire to sin. He gives me what I don't deserve and loves me well.

In His blind faith,
Amen

Tomba said...

Thanks! Oh how He loves us!