Saturday, August 29, 2009

One more thought and prayer for all the performance junkies.

Here is translation of Galatians 5:6 that is a combination of the Message, the NIV, and a little of Neil’s stuff added.

For in Christ, neither our most conscientious religious performance, nor disregard of religious deeds amounts to anything. The only thing that counts is faith in Jesus’ work expressing itself though love.

PRAYER:
Jesus, I am totally dependent on Your gift of righteousness to me today. At the cross, I receive the smile of God, the Father. I refuse any attempt to see His smile as a result of working hard on my sermon, spending time in prayer, writing a blog, helping a friend, checking things off my to do list, rectifying some wrong, caring for someone in need...Let me enter into the love expressed for me on the cross. Let me enter into the rest secured for me at the cross. As I live in this reality, I trust that You will produce in me the fruit of love. In Your Name, Amen.


P.S.
May you sense His rest in the midst of a busy Saturday!

No comments: