Saturday, May 30, 2009

Friends of Jesus,
I am sending Sunday morning’s prayer this evening so you get a chance to pray before we gather as one body tomorrow.

The greatest honor we can give the almighty God is to live gladly because of the knowledge of his love. -Julian of Norwich

Psalm 63:3-5
3 Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. 4 I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. 5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

Let’s pray that we come to worship tomorrow morning and evening acutely aware of the love of God.
Let’s pray that we will be glad when we see each other in the pews.
Let’s pray that we will be glad for our leaders and teachers and those who serve silently.
Let’s pray that we will be glad for those different than us.
Let’s pray that we will be glad for those with many years and for those with few years.
Let’s pray that we will sing with gladness that overpowers self consciousness.
Let's pray that we will give ourselves more fully to enjoying the almighty God.
Let’s pray that we will experience deep satisfaction as we gather with others to give attention to the almighty God who loves us!

Thanks for joining us in prayer,Neil

P.S. I think tomorrow will be very different if we can come with all this gladness in the love of God! Help us Holy Spirit.

No comments: