Saturday, May 23, 2009

Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner. The Jesus Prayer

Psalm 51:1-4
Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing, loyal, covenant keeping love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. 2 Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. 3 For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. 4 Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you are proved right when you speak and justified when you judge.

Crouched in the security of Your love, Father, we take the risk of being shown our sin. We risk the disruption of pain we have covered, and discovery of lies we have endured. Bring the tears of repentance. Restore to us the joy of Your salvation and make us willing to obey You. In Jesus Name.

Let us pray this together and then sit quietly expecting the Holy Spirit to shed light to any dark places in our hearts that snuff the light of joy. Risk asking for forgiveness and making restitution where necessary.

No comments: