Wednesday, May 27, 2009

In preparation for our night of prayer and worship on May 31st, we will pray for ourselves and each other in light of Isaiah 61. My hope is that God will prompt people to come, to share their needs, to be prayed for, and to be cared for. Also, I hope that people will come with promptings in response to praying, “Jesus, we want what you want.”

Isaiah 61:2 (The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
Because the LORD has anointed me…)
To proclaim the favorable year of the Lord
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,


Pray: Jesus, I believe that Your return will be a good day for Your people Israel and for Your church. I believe that all injustices done to all people will be set right.

Meditate: What injustices and “things wrong” in the world are creating sadness, tension, or pain for you at this time? For your friends? For others you are concerned about?

Pray: As I live in world that is not the way it is suppose to be, help me to wait, to not strike back and to entrust myself to You. Holy Spirit, help me to see where I have taken matters into my own hands.

Confess: As the Holy Spirit reveals, confess when and how you have taken vengeance into your own hands. Ask God to give you godly sorrow and deep repentance.

Thanksgiving: Thank You that You are the God of all comfort. You see my tears. Thank You that the sufferings of the present time are producing for me an eternal weight of glory. I look forward to the fullness of comfort that will come when Jesus returns. Come LORD Jesus!

No comments: