Tuesday, May 26, 2009

In preparation for our night of prayer and worship on May 31st, we will pray for ourselves and each other in light of Isaiah 61. My hope is that God will prompt people to come, to share their needs, to be prayed for, and to be cared for. Also, I hope that people will come with promptings in response to praying, “Jesus, we want what you want.”

Isaiah 61:1The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
Because the LORD has anointed me
To bring good news to the afflicted;
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to captives
And freedom to prisoners;

Jesus, I welcome You today and acknowledge that You are the fulfillment of these words recorded by Isaiah. I praise You as my herald of good news, the tender of my wounds, my deliverer and freedom winner. I want to receive all the good news, care, and freedom You have for me. Show me today where I most need these things and where I resist or can’t see Your kindness. Thank You Jesus that You really do care.

Let this guide your praying for five people and their specific needs.

No comments: