Friday, May 29, 2009

In preparation for our night of prayer and worship on May 31st, we will pray for ourselves and each other in light of Isaiah 61. My hope is that God will prompt people to come, to share their needs, to be prayed for, and to be cared for. Also, I hope that people will come with promptings in response to praying, “Jesus, we want what you want.”

Isaiah 61:4-7
4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated; they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations. 5 Aliens will shepherd your flocks; foreigners will work your fields and vineyards. 6 And you will be called priests of the Lord, you will be named ministers of our God. You will feed on the wealth of nations, and in their riches you will boast. 7 Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs.

An Explanation from the Bible Knowledge Commentary
After the Messiah’s Second Advent Israel will rebuild her ruined cities, even those that had been destroyed many years before. Israel will be so revered that Gentiles (aliens and foreigners) will join her in her farming and shepherding. As a nation of priests each one will know the Lord, and have access to Him, and mediate on behalf of others, as did the Levitical priests. This was to be one of Israel’s functions in the world.


Jesus, thank You that You love to restore. Thank you that you love to restore people to right relationship with You and with each other. I pray for restoration in the midst of the disconnections and devastation in my own life caused by my sin and the sin of others. I repent for the times I have lost hope of restoration for myself or others. Help my unbelief. Show us how you want to bring Your supernatural restoration to Your church.

No comments: