Friday, July 03, 2009

The Designer Deserves Praise


Psalm 104:10-14

10 He sends forth springs in the valleys; they flow between the mountains;
11 they give drink to every beast of the field; the wild donkeys quench their thirst.
12 Beside them the birds of the heavens dwell; they lift up their voices among the branches.
13 He waters the mountains from His upper chambers; the earth is satisfied with the fruit of His works.
14 He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and vegetation for the labor of man, so that he may bring forth food from the earth.

This water garden reminded us of this psalm. The Psalms make it clear that God deserves and desires our praise. It is the regular practice of His people. In this psalm, the psalmist observes how all the parts of creation work together. He acknowledges this is by God’s design and therefore gives praise to God.

PRAYER—using other verses from Psalm 104.
My God, You are very great. How many are Your works! I confess that the quantity and quality of my praise does not match what You deserve. Thank You for this time in Colorado to take in Your creation and awaken my heart. In wisdom You have made all of it. The earth is full of Your possessions. You made it all without painful labor, just a spoken Word. Every person and every creature waits for You to give food in due season. Everything we have is from You. I will sing praise to You while I have my being. Let my meditation be pleasing to You. As for me, I shall be glad in the Lord.

Is it easy or hard for you to praise God? What helps you praise God? Why is important to you? Take a moment to praise God right now.

No comments: