Thursday, July 09, 2009

Summer Camp Thoughts on Psalm 23

He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Psalm 23:3

Jesus is not like a cowboy who drives cows. He is like a shepherd who leads. Jesus said, “I am the good shepherd.” The Shepherd is behind the sheep gently and patiently directing them to green pastures. The condition of the sheep is a reflection of the skill, ability and care of the Shepherd. Last night in our small groups, people expressed different fears about being led. What causes you to be afraid of being led? Two things to remember: Jesus always leads for His glory and Jesus always leads for our best. What characterizes your life when you don’t believe Jesus leads for your best?

PRAYER:
Jesus, I confess that I often do my own thing, make my own plan, go my own way rather than seek Your guidance and submit to Your leadership. I want to have great passion for You to be glorified. I also need help in believing You are interested in my best especially when things are difficult. I want to know the rest of being like a sheep whose “job” is to follow the Shepherd.

1 comment:

Ina said...

Still here eagerly following along! But doesn't the shepherd need to be out in front to lead? Fig. speaking, that's a very challenging thought! Since, however, in our case, if we secondary shepherds of others always allow The Shepherd to be out ahead and follow Him carefully, those following behind us will have two going ahead of them. I like the image--even if only I can see it!