Tuesday, July 07, 2009

PSALM 23 Summer Camp

Psalm 23:1 The LORD is my Shepherd.

Here I am at Northwest Bible Summer camp in North Arkansas at a place called Shepherd of the Ozarks. It is beautiful here. The weather is a little cooler than in Dallas. This week we are studying Psalm 23. Our goal is to study the images in Psalm 23 so that our praying of Psalm 23 would become a more meaningful part of our lives. This prayer reflects the things we talked about last night in light of verse 1.

PRAYER
Jesus, You are a personal God who speaks to me through Your Word, who gives me life, and who is able to do whatever I need. I confess that before You I am like a sheep, desperately dependent on You in every way possible. I think and act as though I can protect myself. My life is in Your hands. I think and act as though I can provide for myself. I have nothing that has not first come through Your hand. I think and act as though I can figure out all the right moves to make for my family, my relationships, my job and more. Apart from Your guiding wisdom through the Holy Spirit, I am lost. I think and act as though it is my job to solve and fix every problem in my life and in the lives of those around me. You alone can and will make all things
right some day.

No comments: