Friday, July 24, 2009

Why I bought a yellow watch…




Yesterday, I bought a new Timex Ironman watch. I am not starting a new triathlon training program. I just lost my old one. I lose my watch about every three years. I still expect to pay 19 dollars not 35 dollars. I have bought a few black ones and a red one, and a blue one and now a yellow one. I noticed that I buy the non-black ones when I am relaxed and/or on vacation. I am a little freed up from the constant pressure of sermon preparation, trying to be the perfect pastor, etc. I hate to admit it but I need the time away to be more me, more the Neil God created. It is easy for me to feel guilty when I am not working. I am thankful to be at a church where many people have not only said they were excited that I was taking a week with each of the four women in my life but also helping me make that happen. I am thankful to be at a church where people understand that Jesus calls people to rest.

P.S. I had a great week with Sheree and a great week with Vela. I am heading to a Father/Daughter camp with Stephanie this week and then will repeat the same with Natalie next week.

Here is one of my regular prayers that I need to help me stop and take time with the LORD.
Your toughest management challenge is always yourself. The best gift you can give to people you lead is a holy, healthy, energized, fully surrendered, focused self. And no one else can do that for you but Jesus. To do this I must be a resting worshipper 24/7. Help me Holy Spirit. I want Your will to be my heart’s desire. I want to want what Jesus wants for me, others, the church, and the world today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen and GOOD FOR GOD IN YOU.


(no need to publish, just wanted to encourage you.)