Monday, June 29, 2009

How much worship does Jesus deserve?



Revelation 4:11
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for Thou hast created all things, and for Thy pleasure they are and were created.


The flower in this picture was about 3 feet off the trail Sheree and I were hiking yesterday. More than likely, no one else will ever see this flower before it fades. It made me think about all the flowers in all the fields in all the world that no one will ever see. Trillions? And none of this beauty is wasted. They grow for the pleasure of God. So much of our life is like this hidden flower—thoughts and deeds that go unnoticed by anyone but God. Much of my motivation to do “good” is that others might see. Much of my discouragement in serving God is a perceived lack of appreciation, lack of impact or open criticism. I think one of Satan's lies is, “No one will notice and no one cares, do whatever you want.” The question in that moment is, “How much worship does Jesus deserve?”

PRAYER
Jesus, you are worthy to receive glory and honor and power. You have created me. You have created all that I will touch and see today. May You be worshiped in my thousands of hidden thoughts. May all my actions be for You first and foremost. Deliver me from the lesser ends of making an impact or winning the praise of others. In my life Jesus, be glorified today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful flower...and to think that is how God see us. God sees us before we fade...what a lovely thought. When others don't see or notice the "good" I do, I have to remember that God see all. I often talk myself into believing that lie. Jesus, "You deserve all my praise and worship."

In His beauty,