Saturday, June 20, 2009

Let’s prepare our hearts to worship corporately tomorrow by focusing on God’s goodness to us through the discipline of thanksgiving. A good friend and prayer warrior send me this list of God’s gifts and corresponding scripture references. Try to move slowly through the list.

Psalm 100:4-5
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. 5 For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Thank You for the forgiveness of my sin. Lord, forgive me, the sinner. (Luke 18)
Thank You for the removal of my sin as far as the east is from the west. (Psalm 103)
Thank You for the inheritance that gives me every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies. (Ephesians 1)
Thank You for Your grace that is sufficient and Your power that is perfected in my weakness. (2 Cor 12)
Thank You for Your peace that passes all understanding and guards my heart and mind in Jesus. (Phil 4)
Thank You for Your gift of faith that is not of myself, but a gift from You that I should not boast. (Eph 2)
Thank You for Your faithfulness that is great to me, and is great to all generations. (Lamentations 3)
Thank You for Your being the Blessed Hope who does not disappoint and will appear to us in glory. (Titus 2)
Thank You for Your love that covers a multitude of my sins/my transgressions (1 Peter 4)
Thank You for Your perfect love that casts out fear. (1 John 4)
Thank You for Your love that is patient, kind, bears, believes, hopes and endures all things (1 Cor 13)
Thank You for Your lovingkindness that endures forever from generation to generation. (Psalm 136)
Thank You for Your mercies that are new every morning. (Lamentations 3)
Thank You for Your mercy that triumphs over judgment. (James 2)
Thank You for Your wisdom that is pure, peaceable, gentle, reasonable, and full of mercy. (James 3)
Thank You for Your grace and compassion which is slow to anger and rich in love. (Psalm 103)
Thank You for Your goodness and kindness that leads me to repentance. (Romans 2)
Thank You for Your joy that is my strength. (Nehemiah 8)
Thank You for Your fullness of joy that comes from being in Your presence. (Psalm 16)
Thank You for Your rest that allows me to enter into Your land/Your presence. (Hebrews 3 and 4)
Thank You for telling me that in repentance and rest is where I am saved. (Isaiah 30)
Thank You for the quietness and confidence that comes from You which is my strength. (Isaiah 30)
Thank You for the fellowship of Jesus sufferings that gives me identification with Jesus. (Phil 3)
Thank You that nothing can separate me from the Your love that is in Jesus Christ my Lord. (Rom 8)
Thank You that I have been crucified with Jesus, and it is no longer I who live but Jesus in me. (Gal 2)
Thank You that the life that I now live in the flesh I live by faith in Jesus who died for me. (Gal 2)
Thank You that I overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimonies. (Rev 12)
Thank You that You must increase; that I must decrease and not love my life even facing death. (Rev 12)
Thank You that You are the Lord, that You are exalted above all else. There is none beside You!!! (Is 45)
Thank You that I can stand in Your presence blameless and with great joy.
To the only God our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord, be all glory, majesty, dominion and authority for now and forever, Amen!!

Looking forward to being with you tomorrow,
Neil

No comments: