Saturday, June 13, 2009

Pain, as God's megaphone, gives us the only opportunity we may have for amendment. It plants the flag of truth within the fortress of a rebel soul. All of us are aware that it is very hard to turn our thoughts to God when things are going well.
The Problem of Pain, C.S. Lewis


Psalm 69
A Psalm of David1 Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck. 2 I sink in the miry depths, where there is no foothold. I have come into the deep waters; the floods engulf me. 3 I am worn out calling for help; my throat is parched. My eyes fail, looking for my God.
16 Answer me, O Lord, out of the goodness of your love; in your great mercy turn to me. 17 Do not hide your face from your servant; answer me quickly, for I am in trouble. 18 Come near and rescue me; redeem me because of my foes.29 I am in pain and distress; may your salvation, O God, protect me. 30 I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.

Following the model of a king David, a member of our church and good friend wrote this prayer. Pray this for yourself and 5 friends that are in deep waters.

Lord meet me here, where I am today. I choose to feel my pain, anxiety, fear...whatever. I choose to trust You, that You are God, that You are what I need now, today. At this moment; in order for You to have Your way, in order for You to cause all things to work together for good to me, who loves You, and is called according to Your purposes; so that You Lord are glorified and attractive and appealing to the lost, hurt, and lonely I acknowledge the difficulties I face and my complete and total dependence on You.

Know that you are not alone,
Neil

No comments: