Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Tonight is our town hall meeting where we discuss some of what Jesus wants for us as body in terms of ministry, budgets, and elders. Let’s prepare our hearts with the following thoughts and prayer.

Ephesians 2:8-10
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Explanation:
The word “workmanship” (poiema in Greek) refers to a work of art, a poem, a masterpiece.

Meditation:
You are poem emanating from the heart of God written to send out ripples into all eternity.

Prayer:
Father, thank You that I am connected to the universal body of Jesus by grace. I confess that My involvement in the local expression of Jesus’ body is both a privilege and responsibility. Knowing my right of passage is not a result of works, I choose to die to any sense of entitlement I hold. Thank You for infusing my life and our life together with meaning and purpose. Knowing You have a plan for the church, help me to gladly engage in the work of Jesus free from anxious busyness and the need to control. May we walk together in the exciting adventure of discovering the good works You arranged long before we showed up. Jesus, help us to want what You want.

Thanks for joining us in prayer,
Neil

No comments: