Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Psalm 16:2,8
2 I said to Yahweh, “You are my Lord;
I have no good besides You.”8 I have set Yahweh continually before me;
Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

Jesus, I give You praise as the creator of all things—all things in this life that I enjoy. Help me to have eyes to see when those good things supersede my desire for You and my trust in You. Help me to see how all those good things are sinking sand. Help me to feel the tremors in my soul when my life is anchored to Your gifts and not to You. Today, by grace I choose to practice turning my attention to You. You know I must have a rock to hold when life is breaking lose all around me.

Pray this for yourself and five other people today.

A Spiritual Discipline:
Be aware of the good gifts of Jesus as you go about your day. As you become aware give Jesus thanks for them. Then ask the Holy Spirit to show you how Jesus is revealed in the gift or how the desire it creates is ultimately fulfilled in Jesus.

Thanks for joining us in prayer,
Neil

No comments: