Thursday, June 18, 2009

Today’s prayer was written by my daughter Sheree.

That is His call to us—simply to be people who are content to be close to Him and to renew the kind of life in which the closeness is felt and experienced. Thomas Merton

Jeremiah 24:7
I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.

Explanation:
This prophecy was written about exiles from Judah who were in Babylon. God promised to bring a remnant home. They proved unable to stay true to the LORD in their own strength. The LORD promised to give the remnant new hearts so that they would know Him and return completely to Him. We understand that God desires to do this for all people who trust in Jesus.

Prayer:
Lord, thank you that you know me intimately as my Creator. Give me a heart to know you so that I might experience the fullness of joy in your presence, delight in the freedom of your love and run in the path of your commands. I desire that my heart would be infused with the truth that your love is better than life. Watch over me today as the sights, sounds and smells of the world tempt my flesh. Provide me with the strength I do not have in and of myself to return to you with all of my heart. Thank You that I can have a heart sold out for you because of the Spirit of Jesus living in me.

Pray this for yourself and five other people.

Believing God can draw our hearts to Him,
Neil

No comments: