Wednesday, June 10, 2009

This is a special prayer today. My daughter Natalie offered a prayer from one of her own prayer times. She submitted the main section and I added a little.

Psalm 27
7Hear my voice when I call, O LORD, be merciful to me and answer me.
8My heart says of you, "seek his face!" Your face, O LORD, I will seek
.

Lord I pray that You would cause me to seek your face first and foremost this day. I confess that I am not always sure how to do this. Teach me. I pray that everything would be a reason to seek Your face—that I would run to thank You for good things, run to You for comfort when I am sad, run to You for guidance when I am confused. I pray that I would seek Your face daily for the energy to do what You have given and called me to do.

4One thing I ask of the LORD, and this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

Thank you that you are not a god who is far away, but a god who is nearby. Thank You for Your promise that when we seek You, we will find You. I want to find You in every corner of my life! Thank you that I can say with confidence "I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Help me to take time this day to steal moments of quiet in which to consider, enjoy and rest in You. Help me to snatch opportunities to enjoy the unique manifestation of Your presence among the gathering of believers.

14Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

No comments: