Monday, June 15, 2009

My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus’ blood and righteousness. I dare not trust the sweetest frame but wholly lean on Jesus’ name.

Lamentations 3:21-24
21Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: 22The LORD’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. 23They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. 24I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.”

Thanksgiving:
Thank You LORD for this new week. Thank You LORD for Your never ending, never fickle, totally consistent love. Thank You for caring about me today and everyday this week. Thank You that I am a recipient of Your faithful love through Jesus’ life, death and resurrection.

Reflection:
Holy Spirit, show me the times and places this week that are already creating tension for me.
Holy Spirit, reveal to me those things I am afraid to face this week.
Holy Spirit, convict me of how I am not believing in the loyal, faithful love of the Godhead.
Holy Spirit, make me aware of those things which I am securing myself in other than Jesus

A Dedication Prayer:
In all that I face this week, I seek to remember that Your love is present and You actively care in ways I do not see. I look to the cross of Jesus as the undeniable display of Your unending love towards me. I receive the love of others as the tangible, touchable, physically present expression of Your love. Confident in Your love, I give this new week to You. Knowing You are my more than enough, I will seek to find moments to sit quietly in Your presence.

Thanks for joining us in prayer,
Neil

No comments: